Microsoft Web Hosting is one of the internet’s most popular web Hosting companies, with customers in over 190 countries if you’re thinking about starting your website or need a place to store your content, read this guide to find out everything you need about Microsoft Web Hosting.
What is Microsoft Web Hosting?
Microsoft offers web hosting services that let you create your website on a domain name of your choice and connect it to an online Hosting account with Microsoft. Web hosting services from other providers offer similar features but typically cost more.
- To use Microsoft’s web hosting service, you’ll need a computer with Internet access, a Domain Name System (DNS) server, and a Web host provider account with Microsoft. Once you have those items, follow these steps to create your new website:
- Log in to the Microsoft Online Services Account Manager at www.microsoftonline.com/accounts. Click the Add an Online Service link in the left navigation bar and sign in if you still need to log in.
- In the search box at the top of the page, type web hosting and press Enter. The main menu for managing Microsoft’s web hosting services appears.- Click Hosting and then select Web Hosting from the list of options on the left side of the page.
On your website’s Home page, click New Site in the top navigation bar to open the New Website wizard.- In Step 1: Select Your Domain Name, type your desired domain name into the text box and press Enter.- In Step 2: Add Site Information, type your site’s name into the Primary Site Name text box and click Next.- In Step 3: Choose Your Top Level Domain (TLD), click Go Advanced if you want to choose a specific TLD
Types of Microsoft Web Hosting Plans
Microsoft web Hosting plans come in four types: Basic, Standard, Premium, and Ultimate. The Basic plan is good for small businesses with up to five website users. The Standard plan is for medium-sized businesses of 10 to 25 website users. The premium plan is better suited for businesses with more than 25 website users. The Ultimate plan offers advanced features such as unlimited bandwidth and storage space, DDoS protection, and cPanel administration tools.
The Basic plan includes a 500 GB data transfer limit and one domain name registration per subscription. It also provides 24/7 customer support and a 30-day money-back guarantee if unsatisfied with the service.
The Standard plan includes a 2GB data transfer limit and two domain name registrations per subscription. It also provides 24/7 customer support and a 60-day money-back guarantee if unsatisfied with the service. Additionally, it offers several advanced features such as unlimited bandwidth and storage space, DDoS protection, MySQL database support (5GB), WP Engine caching acceleration, cPanel administration tools, a free domain name registration every month through Microsoft’s domain name registrar (NameCheap), pre-installed SSL certificates on all servers (for encrypted traffic only), an abuse report log that captures IP addresses and user names for review, live chat support available during business hours (Monday–Friday US time), and a start-up fee of $20 per server per year waived for
Microsoft Web Server Requirements
If you’re thinking about setting up a web server for your organization, some important requirements must be considered:
- Make sure that the server has enough RAM and storage space.
- Ensure the operating system is up to date and has all the required patches.
- Choose a web hosting company that can provide you with the latest security features and features to optimize your website’s performance.
- Get a hosting plan that fits your specific needs and budget.
Microsoft Web Hosting Features
Microsoft Web Hosting is a cloud-based Hosting service from Microsoft. It allows users to create and administer their websites without needing IT expertise. Additionally, it offers powerful security features and a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
The most important factors to consider when choosing a web host are the platform and price. Microsoft Web Hosting provides both a Windows and a Mac OS platform and a Linux platform. Prices start at $5/month for 1GB of storage space and go up to $50/month for 20GB of storage space.
Another benefit of using Microsoft Web Hosting is its 99.9% uptime guarantee. This means that if your site goes down for more than two minutes during normal operating hours, Microsoft will restore it within an hour at no cost.
How to Activate/Configure Microsoft Web Hosting?
If you’re considering Microsoft web hosting, you should know a few things before activating your account and setting up your Hosting environment. Microsoft provides three types of web hosting: Windows-based, Linux-based, and Amazon Web Services (AWS) based. Here’s a breakdown of each type:
- Windows-based web hosting: This type of Hosting is available on Windows servers. You need to have a computer with Windows Server 2008 or higher installed to use this type of Hosting. It would help if you also had an active Internet connection and an assigned IP address.
- Linux-based web hosting: This type of Hosting is available on Linux servers. You need to have Ubuntu 16.04 or higher installed to use this type of Hosting. It would be best if you also had an active Internet connection and an assigned IP address.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) based web hostings: These types of hostings are available through AWS accounts. To get started, you first need to create an AWS account. Once you have an AWS account, you can sign up for a hosted account with Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform (GCP). With Azure or GCP-hosted accounts, you don’t need to install any software; Microsoft manages everything for you. However, if you choose to use Windows- or Linux-based hosts on your hardware or servers, be sure that those servers meet the requirements for using those hosts.
Maintaining a website can be expensive, time-consuming, and frustrating. Thankfully, there are now many affordable and reliable online hosting solutions available. In this article, we will introduce you to Microsoft Web Hosting and help you decide which solution is best for your business. Our tips have given you the information you need to make an informed choice and put your website in good hands!